The Repair Technician is responsible for the care and maintenance of all property and production assets in a safe, sanitary and efficient condition.
- Repairs and maintains physical structures using hand tools and power tools.
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on production, packaging, processing equipment, and utility systems (to provide a continuous supply of heat, steam, cooling, electrical, power, gas, or air required for operations).
- Readily available for emergency repairs in breakdown situations
- Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Performing preventative maintenance (i.e. conducting computerized preventative maintenance check-ups or reading SPC charts and data)
- Line manufacturing support systems (ozone generation, line/lube delivery, chemical delivery, ingredient delivery, PH house)
- Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining high quality standards
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to Supervisor
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include lockout-tagout requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Formal Engineering/Maintenance Training desired
- 1 year minimum experience in a maintenance role within a manufacturing facility, preferably food and beverage industry.
- 1 year minimum experience with one or more technical experiences: Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electronic, computer controlled equipment, PLC and HVAC
- 1 year minimum experience on a variety of equipment including lubricating, cleaning, material handling, motor control, relay control, process control and packaging equipment.
- Professional experience with ammonia refrigeration systems preferred.
- Ability to inspect equipment, recognize potential problems and independently take appropriate corrective action to prevent component failures or equipment down time
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment with moderate to high noise volume.
- Exposure to allergens.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.