Job Description :
The CIP operator is responsible for ensuring optimum quality products through completing proper cleanup and sanitation tasks by following regulatory standards, ensuring the product and process are both clean and sterile.
- Assemble and disassemble equipment for proper cleaning/sanitizing per manufacturer instructions.
- Operate the CIP (clean-in-place) system to clean and sanitize equipment, tanks, and pipelines.
- Complete basic preventive maintenance of gaskets, seals, “O” rings, plates, etc., on all product contact surfaces as needed by the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Complete record keeping items such as, but not limited to, identifying cleaning cycle times on charts, measuring cleaning concentration, examining flow rates, assessing heat up temperature and sanitizing by chemical strengths.
- Perform the basic housekeeping to include clean floors, walls, ceiling, air vents, lights, etc., of the plant, equipment, and exterior of all equipment.
- Accomplish pre-operations check on all product contact surfaces including pumps, valves, agitators, alcoves and clamps before start up.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
- Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to able to stand, walk, bend, stoop, climb and crouch a majority of the day. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment with exposure to dust, gas or fumes and cleaning chemicals.
- [Delete if not Ice cream plant: For ice cream plants: Exposure to allergens.]
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).