Drives Tractor Trailer with capacity of more than three tons and usually with more than six wheels to transport materials to and from specified destinations, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and area roads.
Requires a CDL A commercial driver's license.
- Responsible for operating shuttles to move trailers from building to building, staging area and from various loading dock doors. Receiving instructions via radio and performing trailer shuttling to accommodate logistical needs.
- Responsible for performing daily maintenance checks of shuttle truck and reporting any malfunctions to the garage.
- Responsible for documenting all trailer moves on Yard Driver daily move sheets and submitting the daily move sheet to the shipping office upon the completion of the shift.
- Responsible for fueling of the yard truck as needed.
- Must be able to perform the duties of this role in ALL weather conditions.
- Couple and uncouple tractor trailer units. Connect and disconnect brake lines as needed.
- Maintain a valid Class A CDL and current DOT medical card.
- Perform "safety check" inspection of the trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork at the end of the shift.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Know and comply with all Department of Transportation regulations per the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations handbook.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year of driving experience in Tractor-Trailer Truck or Bobtail.
- Must have DOT certifiable and a good MVR.
- Must currently have a Class A CDL (commercial driver’s license). Must maintain a valid commercial driver's license and an air brake endorsement.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and climbing into and out of tractor trailers virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work in outdoor conditions (year round) with moderate noise. May perform duties indoor and outdoor.
- Overtime and working on holidays is often required.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have a clean driving record.
Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).