Shift times: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, 5:00AM-2:00PM
Off days: Saturday & Sunday
The Ice Cream Filler Operator (1st Shift) is responsible for ensuring optimum quality products through the operation of the filler of various product families following regulatory standards, ensuring the product is clean and sterile. Tends machine that performs one or more packaging functions, such as filling, marking, labeling, tying, packing, or wrapping containers. Operates freezer and ingredients distribution feeder.
* Clean, set-up, operate and monitor equipment of the production line.
* Complete all required documentation and scheduled quality checks.
* Monitor weights, seals, caps, and general packaging of product.
* Make adjustments to filler timing and filling, & check mat as needed.
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
* Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing.
* Ensure that the proper packaging materials are used for each product being produced.
* Will have working knowledge and experience with labeler operations; watching for jams and effectively threading wrap to prevent downtime due to error.
* Perform filler and filler line changeovers in a safe and efficient manner.
* Complete cleaning checklist once line has completed run.
* Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes as needed.
* Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
* Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
* Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
* Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
* Must be able to stand, walk, push or pull for virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally including overhead.
* Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some exposure to cleaning chemicals. [Delete if not Ice cream plant: For ice cream plants: Exposure to allergens.]
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law).
Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.