Under direct supervision, this position performs routine maintenance and repair services on different types of vehicles. (All safety and DOT related work must be checked off and documented for first three times performed.) Works with the assistance of a Fleet Maintenance Technicians , Lead Fleet Maintenance Technician, Fleet Supervisor or Fleet Manager, when performing technical and diagnostic type repairs. The FMT-1 Technician’s task assignments are directed by shop management to encourage skills and experience development. Performs basic vehicle maintenance, component replacements and minor repairs, performs preventive maintenance with training and support, performs facility maintenance duties, uses shop management system and other electronic systems available, diagnoses minor mechanical and electronic problems, uses diagnostic computer when applicable, Identifies root cause of “minor ” failures/conditions and perform repairs as required, interacts with drivers to properly determine nature of complaint once assigned a task, works in accordance with all federal/state and corporate compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT), other support duties as required to support operations. Experience in transportation maintenance in lieu of or, any combination of classroom training or work experience totaling 1 year of mechanical repairs on heavy duty and medium duty equipment.
- Maintain equipment to desired performance levels.
- Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining high quality standards
- Keep management informed of safety, operator and equipment observations and concerns
- Perform prescribed Preventative Maintenance.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
- Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Mechanic Certifications and CDL-A preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Refrigeration license required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel, bend, reach, crawl required for virtually the entire shift.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds and assist others when lifting is required. Manipulation of tools, equipment and truck component is required.
- Must be computer literate, and have experience with engine, ABS, transmission, etc. diagnostic equipment and software.
- Must be able to work in a dusty, greasy environment with moderate to high noise volume.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal).