Garelick Farms a Dean Foods Company located in Burlington, NJ has a full time, rotating shift, hourly position available for a Blow Mold Operator Vacation Relief in our Production Department. The ideal candidate will have some Machine operation, and Food & Beverage experience. High School diploma or GED preferred. Must be able to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends, and holidays. Must be able to pass all pre-employment screenings (including a drug and background check) Starting rate is $16.00. (50 cents above Blow Mold Rate)
The Senior Utility Operator- Blowmold is responsible for operating plastic blow molding machines and making necessary adjustments to ensure production of containers is made in a safe, efficient and high quality manner.
* Monitor conveyor lines for damaged bottles.
* Operate bagger and debagger stations.
* Troubleshoot and perform minor repair of blow mold equipment.
* Train others on blow mold operation.
* Adapt to various situations and adjusts to shifting priorities.
* Operate equipment at recommended speeds and communicate mechanical and operational issues as they arise.
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
* Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
* Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
* Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
* Must be able to able to stand, walk, push or pull a majority of the day.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
* Must be able to work in a wet environment with some exposure dust, gas or fumes.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).