Products and co-workers you can be proud of.
Dean Foods/Midwest Ice Cream in Belvidere and Teamsters Local 754 are very pleased to announce their inaugural Operations Apprenticeship Program.
As one of the area’s premier employers with a very strong Wage/Benefit package it has been our practice to only hire those with years of Production experience. Manufacturing is hard work and not everyone is suited to it. We are able to successfully find great workers from other producers in the area and lure them with our Wages and Benefits.
Those newer to the workforce or with less manufacturing experience haven’t had a chance . . . until now.
This program will allow us to accept a less experienced person with outstanding potential and very specifically train them to meet the highest expectations of Safety, Quality and Efficiency.
One brave candidate will be selected to be the first person entering this Apprenticeship. You must be willing and able to work/train on whatever shift week-to-week that best supports the company and intentions of the program. Weekends may also be included.
- The Apprenticeship will last up to 12 months.
- The learning demands are almost
- It’s a truly fast-paced environment using complex machinery.
- You are expected to give the job absolute priority.
- You must work within all Safety procedures plus using common sense.
- You must uphold all Quality standards without fail.
- You will not be eligible for vacation for up to 12 months subject to your start-date, the vacation schedule and the Contract.
- At $17/hour you will be making $8/hour LESS than most of your colleagues.
- Your employment can be terminated for any legal reason at any time during this program.
- You would be subject to lay-off before colleagues who have completed their probationary period.
- This program is intended to last 12 months. If no opportunities occur within the Midwest Ice Cream workforce for which you qualify by the end of that time, you could be terminated.
- All our Operations jobs involve standing, walking, kneeling, lifting, twisting or reaching constantly as well as occasionally lifting as much as 50#.
- Some of our roles work in -20°F. Warm outerwear and other protections are provided but this is a physical challenge for some people.
- This includes the use of material handling equipment such as Forklifts, Barrel Lifts, Motorized Pallet Jacks.
- Although regular breaks are provided, those are the only times during their shift that our production colleagues do not work. Even if there is a delay in production it is expected that you clean or assist another line.
- This is an energetic workforce and you will be expected to out-work them.
- You would be part of two of the state-line’s most vital organizations: The International Brotherhood of Teamsters 754 and Dean Foods/Midwest Ice Cream.
- You will learn many aspects of manufacturing upholding the highest Quality and Safety standards.
- Midwest Ice Cream produces premium brands including Dean Country Fresh, Baskin Robbins and Meijer.
- Midwest Ice Cream in Belvidere is the top producer among Dean Foods’ 8 Ice Cream Plants.
- You will be eligible to participate in an outstanding Benefits program.
- Your positive performance will lead to primary consideration if an opening occurs within our Midwest Ice Cream/IBT 754 workforce starting at more than $22/hour.
- If such an opening does not occur, it is possible that another Dean Foods or IBT 754 site would consider you for employment.
- After all this training your resume will be much stronger.
- As one of the area’s premier employers we normally require at least 2 years of prior manufacturing experience. For those with less, this program will likely be your only opportunity to join us.
- Only candidates who apply for this role through https://frontline-deanfoods.icims.com/jobs and specifically apply for this General Labor/Operations Apprentice opening in Belvidere, Illinois can be considered.
- Since we will be considering those with less than two years of manufacturing experience it is important that your submitted materials include:
- Examples of your being dependable.
- Examples of your learning new and complex tasks
- Examples of your upholding high Safety standards.
- Examples of your upholding demanding Quality standards.
- The first 50 applicants will be considered with later applicants only considered if we are unable to select a viable candidate from the first batch.
- You will receive a system-generated email confirming receipt of your materials if you complete the entry properly. You may not get any other communication.
- Your ability to follow these instructions and those within the on-line system is part of our screening process.
- If you call the company or visit for any reason without being invited to do so you will be dropped from consideration.
- Dean Foods enforces a workplace free of intoxicants.
No Recruiters, Walk-Ins, Mail-Ins or Phone Calls, please. You must apply on-line.
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.