The Forklift Operator is responsible for driving gasoline, liquefied gas, or electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices, such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel-hook, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials in a warehouse, storage yard, or factory.
- Duties may include any number of the following: Loading and unloading products in trailers. Distributing pallets of product from the palletizer to distribution trailers and staging areas. Stage materials for production.
- Move product & materials within facility (plant and/or cooler). Receive materials for warehouse storage.
- Supplies packaging material, cartons and hulls to line as needed.
- Maintain pallet supply for palletizer.
- Rotate packaging and ingredients using FIFO (First In - First Out).
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Minimum 2 years recent experience operating a forklift in a high efficiency environment.
- Forklift Operator Certification required
- Must be able to pass a written and driving fork lift skills test
- Must be able to sit and/or stand and drive for virtually the entire shift.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to work in an environment where temperature is maintained at 35-40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Delete if not Ice cream plant: For ice cream plants: Exposure to allergens.]
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).