The Material Planner II is responsible for ensuring adequate inventory of materials and supplies at the plant either directly or through others to include Purchase for Resale (PFR) products. He/she manages inventories of goods and supplies to insure plant maintains an adequate supply without carrying excessive inventories at plant or supplier location. He/she works with Plant Management and Corporate Procurement to insure all items are ordered from approved suppliers and meet all Dean Foods’ specifications and QA requirements. In addition, he/she works with Plant Management and Corporate Procurement to insure compliance with all Corporate Procurement Programs.
* Order and receive all incoming raw materials, packaging materials, supplies and other items as needed by the plant directly or through others.
* Maintain adequate inventories of materials and supplies by developing and using a broad and deep working understanding of Plant operational requirements and supplier lead times.
* Performs activities that determine quantities of and delivery schedules for raw materials, parts and assemblies required to meet scheduled production, including the use of DMS (or other applicable ERP system) to create P.O.’s, schedules, and balance inventories; ensures inventory is not excessive.
* Ensures and oversees accurate counting and reporting of receipts and inventories into the appropriate ERP system to support financial reporting, including investigating and resolving discrepancies.
* Completes Company-standard P.O.’s for all purchases, approves invoices for payment, verifying quantities and pricing.
* Follows up with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery dates.
* Provides for the management and ordering of Purchase for Resale (PFRs) items.
* Identifies Plant-level supply requirements and provide input to the Procurement Group for prioritization and sourcing actions.
* Collaborates with Quality Assurance, Plant Management and Corporate Procurement to ensure suppliers are qualified and approved from a quality standpoint.
* Leads the effort at the plant level to achieve 100% compliance with each supplier program. Works with the Group Procurement Director and other available resources to track and monitor compliance of all procurement programs.
* Sources and negotiates pricing and terms for locally purchased items that are not part of Corporate Procurement programs; keeps Corporate Procurement informed about local suppliers and activities.
* Manages local supplier relationships to ensure that supplier expectations are clearly understood and performance against those expectations are being measured and monitored on a regular basis.
* Coordinates plant-level inputs to Supplier Scorecards as determined by Corporate Procurement.
* Seeks out and implements inventory best practices as appropriate.
* Provides data-driven input regarding supplier incidents, concerns and corrective actions. Applies Supplier Non-conformance Reporting process (aka, Zero Defects).
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree preferred or a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience at a minimum.
* Skilled proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and DMS or other applicable ERP system.
* Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Skill in organization, prioritization, and attention to detail.
* Strong team player and leader with the ability to work and influence others across multiple functions and disciplines.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.