The Fleet Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for repairing and maintaining transportation equipment to be used safely and efficiently to move product according to schedule.
* Maintain equipment to desired performance levels.
* Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining high quality standards
* Keep management informed of safety, operator and equipment observations and concerns
* Perform prescribed Preventative Maintenance.
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
* Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area.
* Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
* Mechanic Certifications and CDL-A preferred.
* Refrigeration license required.
* Must be able to stand, walk, kneel, bend, reach, crawl required for virtually the entire shift.
* Able to lift up to 50 pounds and assist others when lifting is required. Manipulation of tools, equipment and truck component is required.
* Must be computer literate, and have experience with engine, ABS, transmission, etc. diagnostic equipment and software.
* Must be able to work in a dusty, greasy environment with moderate to high noise volume.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law).
Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.